Monday, July 18, 2011

A New Spartacus




Liam Mcintyre as "Spartacus"
 
As some people may or may not know, I am a huge fan of the Starz series' "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" and "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena." This January, the third installment of the series, entitled "Spartacus: Vengence" will make its debut. I, for one, am really anxious. Mostly because this installment has been delayed for so long...and, because there will be a new actor in the lead role.

There have been many discussions (Some of them quite bitter) about the replacement of Andy Whitfield, who had to drop out of the role due to health reasons. While I loved him as Spartacus, I think it is unfair to rush to judgement about replacing him. Andy himself gave the new actor (Liam Mcintyre) a warm reception and wished him good luck, and who can say that we, as fans, won't like Liam just as much? I'm happy to give him a chance. He certainly meets my standards in the looks department. :)

Roll on, January!


2 comments:

  1. I'm also a huge fan of SPARTACUS! And I also can't wait to watch the new season. I will be posting the first teaser on Tuesday :)

    I think Liam will do a good job, since the show in the first season wasn't focused as much on Andy as it was on Lucy Lawless and John Hannah.
    I'm also excited about the return of Craig Parker as legatus Glaber in the new season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Crixus fan, so I'm looking forward to the developments between him and Naveia. Also, I can't wait to see what Lucretia does. She's not a woman I would want to get angry, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete